Wednesday, June 24, 2009
My Meet & Greet with Senator Chuck Grassley: He Broke down the Health Care Bill for me
WASHINGTON -- Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley says that President Barack Obama "got nerve" to go sightseeing in Paris while telling lawmakers it's time to deliver on a health care overhaul.
Amen to that and I had the pleasure of attending an intimate breakfast with Senator Grassley this morning at the Capitol Hill Club, Washington, DC. There were about 30 people sitting down board room style for a one hour Q&A; of course the highlight was the healthcare reform topic. The takeaways I took away from listeing are the following:
• This cannot be done overnight like the President and his cronies would like.
• This needs to be a bipartisan bill.
• If the monetary amount can’t cover all 50 million citizens who need healthcare, which it can’t then it is doomed to fail
• If Pelosi get’s her way we will have a SOCIALIST HEALTH REFORM in the next
• It does not matter if individuals can keep their own insurance because if 130 million Americans are on the government’s healthcare then it will be hard for those to keep their personal plans.
Overall Grassley was a down to earth man, not an elitist like others I have been in the presence of. He tweets and I just started following him, he has an important role with Senator Bauaus and I want to follow what is going to happen on the July 13th hearings.
My top 3 topics are Security, Taxes and Environment have gone to the side right now as I fear about what can happen to America with these Health Care changes that are being shoved down our throat.
What do you think?
- I AmERICA
- Update: I left the political life in DC behind, moved to Chicago and joined the corporate world at Groupon. And now life has changed forever as I am a new mama of Mateo!!!!!!! I need advice all the time so I am starting this blog to get it:) past info.... I was born in raised in Michigan; I have a passion to help the economy back home. I am in DC learning how to do that and advocating for my Michigan home and family. I was in a boat crash that should have been fatal but God protected me and now I am not wasting my second chance at life. I believe that Leadership is taking action. If I say I am going to do something I do it no matter what. My family is everything to me and I surround myself with friends who inspire me. I am a young conservative woman; I like fashion, beauty and appreciate gentlemen who hold the door for me. I also support women and think we need more as CEO's and Political Leaders. Yes, you can be conservative and for women so that is why I am going to blog. If you are the same way then get your voice out there too at this website!